Inkscape with textext on Windows, problem with texlive
Inkscape + textext is a very cool tool for scientific graphics. It works well on my windows xp machine with Miktex2.7. But recently I got some weird problems after switching to texlive2010 (I didn’t uninstall Miktex, but just put texlive2010 before Miktex in the PATH environment.) I fixed this problem by changing the line:
paths += glob.glob(os.path.join(program_files, 'miktex*/miktex/bin'))
paths = paths + glob.glob(os.path.join(program_files, 'miktex*/miktex/bin'))
in the file “textext.py” .
It seems that textext works better with miktex, so I put miktex in front of texlive in the PATH.